Are you interested in transforming your yard into an
enchanting garden, recreational play land or relaxing
Want to know more?
Want to landscape your property, but unsure how to
get it down? Whether it's your home or your office, here's
four steps you can take to ensure that your new landscape
exceeds your needs and meets your dreams:
- Think About Your Landscape Needs,
- Consider Your Budget, (What do you want to
- Design Your Dream, and
- Select A Landscape Contractor.
Step 1: Define your landscape needs
Why Are You Landscaping?
- To increase your property value?
- To enhance your enjoyment of your property?
- To save energy or water?
- To provide a safe environment for your children or
- The first step toward a professional landscape is to
clearly identify what purposes the landscape must
Points To Consider:
- What outdoor activities will your landscape support?
Nurturing a personal green thumb in a rose garden?
Entertaining boisterous children?
- Do you have a desired style or theme? Are you seeking
an English garden or a new age respite?
- What features do you desire? Play areas, water
efficiency, an outdoor kitchen, ponds and waterfalls?
- What materials are best? Do you like the granite look,
roaring water or subdued floral elegance?
Step 2: Consider your budget
Honestly consider the amount of money available to meet your
needs. The cost of your project will varying, depending on:
- The overall size of the area to be landscaped,
- The features to be included,
- The state of the current terrain, and
- The choices you make regarding materials, details and
level of craftsmanship
Step 3: Consider who will design your landscape
Your Choices Include:
- A Landscape Architect. A professional licensed by the
state of Texas who can develop plans that can be put
out to bid by landscape contractors
- A Design/Build Landscape Contractor. A professional who
can design -- and then create -- your landscape
- Landscape Designers. Unlicensed individuals which
provide ideas, conceptual plans and planting plans.
Step 4: Hire the right professional
You don't really purchase a landscape. You buy the services
of a landscape contractor to install and construct the project
you want. A successful relationship between you and your
landscape contractor may last as long as it takes to consider
your project, or may span years, as your taste change and your
landscapes expand. Although there are no guarantees when it
comes to hiring a professional, here are a few steps you can
take to ensure that your landscaping experience fulfills your
- Get referrals from friends and neighbors who have
landscaping you admire, or from the landscape architect who
developed your plans.
Clear Lake, Conroe,
and let us help your home or business reach its
TX LI 6529